Updated: October 17, 2022
We want everyone who visits the HAZMAT Resource website and uses our platform to feel welcome and find the experience rewarding.
To help us ensure a positive experience for everyone, we’ve been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1. These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities, and user-friendly for everyone.
The guidelines have three levels of accessibility (A, AA, and AAA). We’ve chosen Level AA as the target for the HAZMAT Resource website and platform.
By ensuring a Level AA accessibility conformance, we allow for assistive technology such as screen readers, braille displays, plugins, and browser extensions to add further functionality needed by the individual user.
How are we doing?
The HAZMAT Resource website (email@example.com) is considered to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant.
All new product features released on the HAZMAT Resource platform are built to be WCAG 2.1 Level AA compliant.
A series of older features still require improvements to bring them up to the standard. Currently, the majority of all functionality is accessible, and we are actively working towards continual compliance and ADA rules progress.
What are we doing?
At HAZMAT Resource we are committed to ensuring a good experience for all users, and we have taken several measures to achieve this:
- We have established a central team responsible for driving accessibility efforts
- We have stated our commitment to accessibility in internal employee policies
- We offer accessibility training to all employees
- We have developed an internal design system of reusable components that have been holistically tested for accessibility
- We use our own automated accessibility checks for testing everything we build
- We have accessibility professionals conduct adhoc website audits
Upon request, HAZMAT Resource will arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner that takes into account each person’s accessibility needs due to disability.
In addition, the following modifications were made during the audit to make this website accessible:
- Enables keyboard navigation
- Enables smart navigation
- Blinks Blocking
- OCR Image description
- Fonts – Ability to increase and decrease the site font, adjust, align etc.
- Matching and monochrome option for color blind people
- Change the font for readability
- Increase the cursor and change its color to black or white
- Increase the display to 200%
- Highlight links on the site
- Highlighting headers on the site
- Display an alternative description of the images
- Increase the content chosen by the cursor, showed in a tooltip
- Describe words by mouse selection
- Displays the site`s contents in a new window clearly and readable
- Enables users to type contents using the mouse
We would love your feedback
If you enjoyed using the HAZMAT Resource website or our products, or if you encountered trouble with any parts of it, please let us know. While we’re working hard to fully achieve and maintain our goal of Level AA accessibility, we realize there are always opportunities to improve. You can contact us in any of the following ways to discuss:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Call us at +1 805-617-0987
The HAZMAT Resource Accessibility Pledge
We champion global inclusion by empowering people to do more through digital accessibility, which is at the heart of our company.
We are committed to ensuring that digital solutions and content developed, or acquired, by HAZMAT Resource meet a high level of accessibility. This means either conformance with level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 or ensuring that the solutions are effective, efficient, engaging, error-tolerant, and easy to learn for users of all abilities.
We pledge that should a conflict arise between release deadlines, aesthetics, and the production of accessible solutions and content that accessibility will remain a priority.