PSS 5000 NFPA-Certiﬁed SCBA
The Dräger PSS 5000 provides the budget-conscious fire department with an ergonomically advanced SCBA. With a wide range of features – such as bi-lateral hose routing and cylinder Quick Connection – the PSS 5000 meets the needs for today’s complex fire grounds.
For additional options or parts, request a quote.
This is the Dräger PSS 5000 NFPA-Certiﬁed SCBA.
Effective firefighting requires trusted breathing protection in the harshest environments.
Proven technology combines comfort with performance
Dräger designed the PSS 5000 SCBA to withstand the high wear and tear that firefighters face daily. Simultaneously, the PSS 5000 provides an enhanced level of comfort and functionality. Draeger made this harness out of a tough chloroprene rubber material that performs for the long term. A heavy-duty stainless steel buckle and long-life Aramid blend webbing make this harness ideally suited for extended wear and frequent use.
For outstanding comfort, the flexible harness connects to a lightweight, stable backplate, while a pivoting waist belt helps reduce pressure on the wearer.
The PSS 5000 NFPA-Certiﬁed SCBA offers:
- Outstanding resistance to heat, impact, and chemicals
- Easy maintenance and service
- Integrated, versatile hose routing
- Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
- Choice of electronic monitoring options: Dräger Sentinel 7000 or 1500
Integrated systems reduce risk and increase versatility
Dräger integrated the Sentinel 7000 or 1500 electronic system and air supply hoses into the backplate. This is to minimize the risk of damage or snagging. Users can further streamline the harness by routing the lung demand valve (LDV), Dräger Sentinel system, and rescue hoses over the shoulders (two hoses per side). Users can also fit conventional waist-mounted hoses to the carrying system. This makes the Dräger PSS 5000 one of the most versatile SCBA systems available.
Easy maintenance to lower cost of ownership
The following features keep Dräger PSS 5000 downtime and maintenance costs to a minimum:
- Innovative slide-and-lock mechanism for fast and easy harness assembly and disassembly
- Harness detaches from the backplate without the use of tools
- First stage reducer snap-fit connection allows users to fit pneumatics or remove them quickly and easily
- Hose clips push in and out to allow swift removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning
- Chemical-resistant harness and waist belt design prevent excessive water absorption and reduce cleaning and drying time
- Standard batteries, no manufacturer-required overhaul, and few replacement parts contribute to a lower total cost of ownership over the life of the SCBA
HP Quick Connect 4043193, HP CGA 4043189, LP Quick Connect 4043195, LP CGA 4043191