The AccuRad PRD allows law enforcement, fire rescue, and other emergency responders to detect and interdict nuclear and radioactive materials. It also provides dose measurement and alarming capabilities for event response.
AccuRad PRD Personal Radiation Detector
A FIRST OF ITS KIND
- Solid and durable, with an impact-resistant covering
- Simple to use − no training required
- Discreet, with a top-screen display for quick-glance reading
- Long-lasting, easily replaceable batteries allowing more than 900 hours in the field
- Directionality, helping users zero in on trouble faster
- Low cost of ownership
MADE BY RADIATION EXPERTS
Mirion, and in-the-field professionals.
Only get alerts for real threats. The AccuRad PRD handheld radiation detector runs on innovative Variable Background Suppression (VBS). This allows its operation in varying background environments and will alarm only for a real threat or hazard.
Get accurate radiation exposure readings. The AccuRad PRD provides dose measurement and dose alarms for radiological events. This utilizes Mirion’s long-standing expertise in the radiation safety industry.
Analyze incoming information in real time. The app allows real-time data visualization and real-time data relays to increase situational awareness across many PRDs and other detectors. Compatible with a variety of platforms, including RadResponder, Sigma and SpirVIEW MobileTM software.
BY EMERGENCY RESPONDERS. FOR EMERGENCY RESPONDERS.
Mirion developed the AccuRad PRD in close collaboration with state and federal law enforcement and first responders. They helped design it to fit seamlessly into their routines. Additionally, they designed it to address the most critical, in-the-field needs from a radiation detection device.
Mirion built the AccuRad PRD for:
- The reality of field work: rough treatment, harsh conditions. The AccuRad PRD is solid, durable, with an impact-resistant covering. This allows the device to stand up to the test, time and time again.
- Discreet, hands-free detection. The AccuRad PRD is low- profile and easy to read with the top-screen display. Users no longer need to remove the PRD to take a look.
- Waterproof protection for when teams are (literally) putting out fires.
- “Set it and forget it” use, with minimal training and maintenance required. The AccuRad PRD is in-the-field easy — simple to use even in the toughest situations. It also offers a tutorial library in the smartphone app.
- When you can’t let a source get away. Find the location of a radioactive hot spot in a large, busy environment with built-in directionality.
- An entire week, month, mission…without a battery change. The AA batteries in the AccuRad PRD last for 900 hours in the field. Hazmat responders can easily replace these with commercial batteries.
- Weight: 7 oz (200 g), including clip
- Size: 4.25 x 2.4 x 1.4 in. (108 x 61 x 36 mm) without clip
- Two AA batteries for more than 900 hours of continuous operation
- Tool-less battery cover
- Protection rating: IP67 (dust and 1 m (3 ft 3 in.) water immersion)
- Temperature: -4 °F to 140 °F (-20 °C to 60 °C)
- Drop: 1.5 m (4 ft 11 in.) on concrete
- Innovative heavy-duty bi-material construction
- Standard: AccuRad PRD, AA alkaline batteries, quick guide, spare clip
- USB C earphones, clip, battery cover
- Radiation safety training modules for law enforcement, fire rescue and other responders
- SpirVIEW Mobile command center software
- Designed to meet or exceed ANSI N42.32
- Designed to meet or exceed IEC 62401:2017 (PRD)
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 10 in|