M18A3 Chemical Agent Detector Kit
Out of stock
The M18A3 chemical agent detection equipment can be used for the following:
- Reconnaissance in areas suspected of chemical agent contamination.
- Finding the boundaries of contaminated areas.
- Determining the absence of a chemical agent so that unmasking following a chemical agent attack can be initiated.
- Testing for the presence of a chemical agent after decontamination.
- Collecting samples of suspected but unidentified chemical agents.
- Cyanide (AC, CK, NaCN and KCN) – Cyanide is a rapidly acting, deadly chemical that kills cells by preventing them from using oxygen. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent cyanide detector kit.
- Ethyl Dichloroarsine (ED) – Ethyldichloroarsine is a colorless liquid with a fruity biting irritating odor. Vapors irritate the eyes and skin. Very toxic by inhalation. Denser than water and vapors are heavier than air. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent ethyldichloroarsine detector kit.
- Lewisite (L) – Lewisite is type of chemical warfare agent. It is an extremely toxic, arsenic-containing blister agent (vesicant) that affects the lungs and causes whole-body (systemic) effects. It has an odor of geraniums. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent lewisite gas detector kit.
- Methyl Dichloroarsine (MD) – Methyldichloroarsine is a colorless liquid with an agreeable odor. Denser than water. Very toxic by inhalation. Painful burns on contact. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent methyldichloroarsine detector kit.
- Mustard (H, HD, HN, and HT) – Mustard is a chemical warfare agent. It causes blistering in the skin, eyes, and respiratory tract. It also damages DNA of the bone marrow, which results in decreased red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent mustard gas detector kit.
- Nerve agents (V- and G- types) – sometimes also called nerve gases, are a class of organic chemicals that disrupt the mechanisms by which nerves transfer messages to organs. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent nerve gas detector kit.
- Phosgene (CG) – Phosgene is a major industrial chemical used to make plastics and pesticides. It is a poisonous gas at 70 degrees Fahrenheit room temperature. Phosgene can damage the skin, eyes, nose, throat, and lungs. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent phosgene gas detector.
- Phosgene Oxime (CX) – Phosgene Oxime is a chemical warfare agent. On exposure, it causes intense pain, and parts of the skin slowly die. The Luxfer Magtech M18A3 is an excellent phosgene oxime detector kit.
This product meets the requirements for the California Standardized Equipment List – SEL 1.2.9
WMD CHEMICALS, MILITARY, Test Kit: – Part of the M18A2 or M18A3 or CAD C-2 kit; For detecting nerve (GB, VX); blister (H, HD, HN, HT, L, CX, ED); blood (AC, CK); and choking/vomit (CG, MD). Comprises detection tickets, sampling tubes, reagent chemicals and some colorimetric tubes (i.e. M18A2, M18A3, CAD Kit C-2). (Rev2008)
To see all of the SEL products we carry visit here >>
|Dimensions||12 × 12 × 12 in|