RAID 5 Multi Agent Detection Kit
The RAID 5 detects the biological agents B. Anthracis, Ricin, Bot Tox, SEB, and Plague. Each kit contains 10 tests.
- Quantity: (10 tests/box)
The RAID 5 Multi Agent Detection Kit detects the following biological agents:
- Anthrax – Anthrax causes blisters and black sores on the skin. If anthrax is inhaled or ingested, it causes fever, chills, nausea, vomiting, weakness, and fainting. The Alexeter RAID 5 is an excellent anthrax detection system.
- Botulinum Toxin – Bodulinum toxins cause difficulty swallowing, muscle weakness, double vision, drooping eyelids, slurred speech, difficulty breathing, and difficulty moving the eyes. The Alexeter RAID 5 is an excellent botulinum toxin detection system.
- Plague – Plague causes fever, headache, weakness, and pneumonia. If left untreated for 2 to 4 days, pneumonia causes respiratory failure and shock. The Alexeter RAID 5 is an excellent plague detector system.
- Ricin – If ricin is inhaled, it causes difficulty breathing, fever, cough, nausea, heavy sweating, and fluid build up in the lungs. If ricin is ingested, it causes vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration, low blood pressure, and seizures. The Alexeter RAID 5 is an excellent ricin detection system.
- Staphylococcal enterotoxin B – If inhaled, staphylococcal enterotoxin B causes fever, respiratory distress, and gastrointestinal symptoms. If ingested, staphylococcal enterotoxin B causes acute salivation, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. The Alexeter RAID 5 is an excellent staphylococcal enterotoxin B detector system.
Alexeter Technologies LLC. has created RAID as an economical pre-screening device designed to quickly evaluate a suspicious powder or liquid in the field or in the laboratory. Used in conjunction with a protein test and Alexeter’s Guardian Reader System, Raid accurately detects minute amounts of specific biological threat agents with a level of confidence needed to correctly interpret initial results.
Recommended Test Protocol:
- Run a protein test (such as 20/20 BioCheck)
- Run a RAID 5 test
- If desired, validate any susptected positive RAID results using Alexeter’s Guardian reader system in Automatic Mode with Alexeter’s individual BioDetect Tests.
This product meets the requirements for the California Standardized Equipment List – SEL 1.5.2.
AGENT SPECIFIC Biological Detection – A sampling and detection system which will verify presence of a biological substance based upon protein fluorescence, or PCR / DNA replication technologies. This system is agent specific. Devices from different manufacturers should be reviewed as each manufacturer may provide a different array of agents that can be detected.
Protein fluorescence technology – (Anthrax, SEB, Plague, Tularemia, Ricin, Botulinum, Brucella)
– Or –
Immuno-assay fluorescence technology, – (Ricin, Botulinum, Anthrax, Small Pox)
– Or –
DNA replication technology, – (Anthrax, Small Pox, Tularemia, Plague)
To see all of the SEL products we carry visit here >>
Need More Information?
For more information about the RAID 5 Multi Agent Detection Kit, contact us today!
|Dimensions||10 × 10 × 10 in|